Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Mind, body and soul

I have been a bad blogger, but a good yogi. To be honest, it's becoming more and more difficult for me to focus on the Internet and even TV. I am ten days away from completing the yoga challenge and my mind is much clearer. I cannot spend countless hours scrolling through twitter, reading events from strangers' days in 140 characters or less. Instead, I have been immersing myself in books, challenging my imagination and concentration. I am back on a healthy sleep schedule, something I have not allowed myself since before high school. Likewise, my body is stronger, slimmer and feels better than ever. I've learned to love and appreciate the feeling of sweat , something I used to dread when I played volleyball and hockey. I feel little parts of my body I never before knew existed. I am making progress, and I love it.
Not every day is easy. I still get frustrated in certain poses and lose my connection to my breath. I still get frustrated in certain situations and suffer from paralyzing anxiety. Some mornings I don't want to wake up for yoga, and sometimes I regret accepting the challenge. These are fleeting regrets, however. I am working extremely hard to find peace within myself, and at the end of the day I'm proud of what I'm doing and how far I've come already. I may be ten days away from the end of this challenge, but I'm far from the end of my yoga journey. In fact, I don't believe it will ever come to an end. There is another challenge starting two weeks after this one ends, and I intend on signing up. Afterwards, I am looking into yoga retreats and finally I hope to go to yoga teacher training so one day I can help change others for the better, as my teachers have helped guide me.
Yoga is an empowerment of the mind, body and soul. I'm just working my way there.

No comments:

Post a Comment